Hello racing fans.... wait. wrong forum.
Hi clay enthusiasts...welcome to the small written tutorial of the day.
Sweet as a pear is none other than a little pear. So easy to do, it makes for a great starting project into the amazing world of clay crafting.
Now, keep in mind this is cold porcelain clay I use.
I use clay previously colored (see how to color clay) and for more information please visit my website at coldporcelaindesigns.com
Let us make a pear!
1. pick green color clay of your choice.
2. knead the clay and make a ball.
3. place the ball on the left palm and roll on one side (top) with the right index finger to give it the pear shape. be sure you roll the whole thing, left to right and not just one side. if you don't, I will make you re-do it!
4. grab the knife tool and make a line for the mouth, open a bit to add black clay for the inside, and then red for the tongue.
5. mark with a toothpick where you want the eyes, then make a hole to insert the choice of beads for the eyes.
6. make a little stem piece in brown clay and make a hole on the top and insert. be sure to put a little tiny drop of glue so it stays in place once dried.
7. optional to make eyebrows. just mark them with the knife tool.
8. let it dry and enjoy!
For more tutorials in sculpting you can visit my youtube channel at youtube.com/coldporcelaindesigns or search cold porcelain.
Pear: Hand sculpted in cold porcelain clay.
Measures 1.18" H (3cm)
Bead size 4mm for the eyes.